Tuesday, August 26, 2008

In the moment

Today, I got to the bottom of my inbox. I haven't seen it's bottom in almost a year.

It was an amazing sight. A momentous occasion. So much so, I composed a haiku:

An empty inbox
A piteous sight for some
Unimagined joy.

I tried to hold onto the joy of my empty inbox along with the sense of accomplishment which accompanied it. It took tremendous effort on my part. Because lurking beneath the joy was the fear of impending doom. The knowledge that the mail person would harsh my mellow all too soon.

But today, I fought back. I refused to let my mellow by crushed. I exhilarated in my accomplishment - showing all my empty inbox, enjoying the moment.

Make hay while the sun shines, my friends. If you do, you'll care not whether it rains on the morrow.

No comments: