Saturday, December 15, 2007

Nutritionist expectations

I posted something similar on my private blog (if you'd like an invite, please email me!) but I thought I'd post it here as well.

I have an appointment with a new nutritionist on Monday morning and I want to make the most of it. What I'm looking for (what I believe I need right now to get back on track) from a nutritionist is the following:

a) give me structure (aka a plan to increase how much I'm eating on a gradual basis so as not to freak me out completely (and thus get obstinent.)) [With no calorie counting necessary.]

b) give me challenges (like you need to eat x before working out; or when you go out to dinner, order y; etc.) so that I can enlist my hubby, friends, fitness pros - all people who are willing to help me get back on track.

c) and hold me accountable for said plan and challenges.

Those of you who have experience with nutritionists (especially "good/helpful" ones,) does this sound reasonable? Or am I hoping for too much?

8 comments:

Charlynn said...

I haven't had experience with a nutritionist, but your goals seem reasonable to me. Let your nutritionist know what you want and expect and keep him/her accountable for keeping *you* accountable.

Charlynn said...

I forgot to add that you're paying this person to help you. If he/she isn't doing that, then don't be afraid to find someone else who will. :)

Jeanne said...

Thanks, Charlynn!!

That's exactly my philosophy - I'm paying this person, as long as my expectations are reasonable, s/he best meet them or s/he's fired. ;-)

zubeldia said...

As I said before, I do think these are very reasonable... With that said , expect to be challenged! I remember just sobbing as I left my first appointment. I was basically told I had to double my intake in order to meet the first goal... and then I should be prepared to double the number again.

But, baby steps...

I hope it goes well., J. I'll be thinking of you.

Are you going to try and see the N regularly?

Love Z

Jeanne said...

Hi Z!

Baby steps is right!!!

The N did indicate that I would be seeing her often - so I think that means once a week for a while. Something that I'm really excited about - since the other two numbnut Ns that I saw in the past would make appointments weeks apart (if she even wanted to see me again...)

thank you!!

Thinking of you with love,
jeanne

Jen said...

Jeanne....I have been so out of the blog loop lately and I'm just now catching up on everyone's blogs. I would love to read your private blog if you don't mind. I don't know your e-mail add. so here's mine:
JLM5295 AT yahoo DOT com

I'm hoping that you hit it off with your new nutritionist and I think everything you listed is totally reasonable.

Heather said...

Hey Jeanne! I'd like to get to know you better...I'd love an invite. theotherme at gmail dot com

Kay Spears said...

We have a nutritionist and I can say that she a good one because we are very healthy. She really meets all our expectation in one nutritionist.

Stress-related symptoms san antonio tx