Sunday, November 25, 2007

Another chance to rally!

Rachel brought my attention to another tragic death among fashion models. I agree with her that eliminating the skeletons who pose as models from the fashion industry will not cure eating disorders nor prevent them, I do agree that it is a step towards promoting healthy body image in all women.

I just sent this message on the Council of Fashion Designers of America's website:
"I urge you to adopt and embrace regulations that will make fashion reflect reality, like using the body mass index to screen models. Women are not clothes hangers, models shouldn't be either. Fashion should be worn by women, otherwise it's called art and should be hung in a museum. Please, stop the insanity."

Please add your voice as well. Let our voices be heard!

No comments: