Sunday, October 28, 2007

Guilty Pleasure

Well, life is good.

For the past few nights, I've been indulging in one of my guilty pleasures - watching "Dancing with the Stars" on abc.com. I LOVE the player the fact that they are posting the whole shows. I FINALLY get to watch a season of it!!

And, I'm addicted. Part of me would love to watch Grey's Anatomy and get into Samantha Who? and all the other shows that they are posting, but besides there being only 24 hours in a day, I don't need to escape into TV shows anymore.

When I was younger, I escaped from my life every single chance I could get. I watched TONS of TV and read HEAPS of books. And when I wasn't reading or watching, I was pretending I was a part of the TV life or the novel. I needed to imagine people showing me that I was loved and cared about. I needed to pretend that I was accepted.

I don't need to live life vicariously anymore.



So why do I watch "Dancing with the Stars?"

Simple. To refine my dance movements!!

8-)

My husband is buying me a pole for my "all-year-round" present. I pick it up at the studio this week and install it next weekend.

I can't wait!!!

8-)



Oh, and on Friday night, my son fell asleep early (like dinner time.)

So what did I do most of the night?

Watched "What Not to Wear."

I usually hate reality shows, especially the makeover shows. But this one, I like overall. Clinton and Stacy emphasize that every body is beautiful; that you need to dress the body you have, not the body you want. That when you dress to fit your body, you FEEL better about yourself and thus exude confidence which is infectious.

And as I watched three women become transformed over the three episodes that I watched, my own new-found love of my body increased.

We are all beautiful!

7 comments:

Eve said...

Dear Jeanne,

Too right! We are all beautiful! Enjoy your shows! (I am a fan of Clinton and Stacy as well!)

Love, Eve

Faith said...

Awesome! You're getting your own pole!!!

xo
Faith

Sarah said...

I really liked reading this post. And congrats on the pole! That's awesome.

xoxo

CookieGirl said...

aw, jeanne, I love posts like this. And god I miss guilty indulgences in US reality TV!! haha I already told N. I get at least one evening just to do nothing but watch TLC when we visit my family after christmas :)

disordered girl said...

I heart Clinton and Stacy!

lauren said...

Yes you are beautiful!!!!
Awesome on the pole sweetie! I'm so jealous, even though I would have no ides how to use it!!! WHere is it going in the house??
xo Lauren

Jeanne said...

Hello, eve, faith, sarah, cookiegirl, dg, and lauren! Thank you!

Lauren - It's hard to explain where - kind of in an open "hallway" between the living room and dining room? I'll take pictures once I have the pole up.