Friday, July 27, 2007

I'm it?

I've been tagged? Carla tagged... me? 8-O
I've never been tagged before... so forgive me if I do something wrong. lol


1. What are your nicest and ugliest articles of clothing?
Let's see... my nicest would be my ball gown that I bought to attend an inaugral ball at the National Press Club. Very elegant.
My ugliest? The only piece of clothing that I didn't get rid of when I moved last year is my graduation gown when I received my Masters. Has the most hideous sleeves on earth.


2. What are your favorite and least-favorite things about the city/town you live in?
My favorite thing? Hard question because there is so much that I love about my town. My first thought was "my favorite thing is that my husband, son and dog are there," but they would be with me no matter where I lived, so that isn't specific to the current town. Uhm... I would have to say that my favorite thing is the convenience of everything - mall down the road one way, outlet mall the other, Super-Target a few minutes drive, awesome grocery store that I can walk to, major metro just a short hour's drive away (on the weekends...)
The least favorite thing - traffic.


3. What were the longest and shortest durations of your romantic relationships?
Define romantic relationship?
Assuming that this means a connection in which one fantasizes about spending the rest of one's life with the other person, I would have to say the shortest was about one month.
The longest? Twelve years and ten months***... and counting! 8-)


4. Who are the oldest and youngest people in your family?
Define family? lol
If you mean my extended non-furry family... (meaning no animals. lol)
My grandma is 94 years and 10 months old.
My niece is just over 2 years.


5. Who are your neatest and messiest friends?
Never thought about it... All my friends are like me, I suppose - both messy and neat, depending on which room of the house we're discussing.


And I'm going to add a question to this...
6. How do you feel about being tagged?
As I mentioned, I'd never been tagged before.

I've seen mentions of tags on other blogs where I would immediately be flooded with longing. "Pick me! Pick me! I know the answer. I will play my hardest. I won't disappoint. Please choose me!"

So after the initial shock and the "me? No, not me. Can't be me? But who else is named Jeanne? Really? She tagged me?" I felt wanted. I felt seen.

I'm relatively new around this corner of the blogosphere. I've read and commented, posted and responded, lurked and butted in with my pennies, but this is the first time that I've felt that I belong.

We all want to be picked for the team. We all want to identify with others and say, "Yes! I'm with someone." There is strength there, in the numbers...

It's not about the numbers?

Absolutely true - when the numbers are used for comparisons.

But when the quantity isn't what matters, when the quality is cherished, when there is no more than/less than, there is strength.

So, thank you, Carla. Thank you for tagging me. Thank you for helping me realize that I belong.

So, in no particular order,

Mr. H4H
ae
Sarah (but carla already tagged you)
Ms. Em
Elissa
Faith
Disordered girl
Todd
carrie
sarah
carla (I know, you tagged me)
t
eve (carla beat me to you)
faith
rachel
roark
authormomwithdogs
cindy
Biby cletus
lindsey
and anyone who has read Digging Me Up under the Cloak of Invisibility

I tag you.
Because we all belong.





*** I originally had 9 years and 2 months, however my hubby reminded me that that is just how long we've been married. We've actually been in a relationship since Sept. 30, 1994 - the day he took (what he thought was) a huge leap straight towards crash and burn and asked me out. Just goes to prove that great rewards come from great risks. ;-)

6 comments:

æ said...

Jeanne, you're so cute. Because tagging inevitably brings up strong feelings around the blogs, especially around the ED blogs, and with it a crisis of belonging. You get it.

Thanks a million times over for all your support of me. For getting that too, and being willing to say it out loud.

ae

Carla said...

You didn't do anything wrong!

Haha. I had forgotten about grad gowns! Those things ARE hideous.

Oh, we're getting a brand spanking new Super-Target in my town. I think it's opening this weekend and now I'm excited to go check it out!

Oh, did I mention that your post made me all warm and fuzzy? And if you're tagged or not, please know and believe you are loved, belong and just plain someone I am proud to call my friend.

Sarah said...

Thank you, Jeanne.

So much.

xoxo

carrie said...

Grad gowns? I thought mine was a Hogwarts' reject- some hand-me-down even Ron Weasley wouldn't have been forced to wear.

And I saved it for that purpose- to wear to a Harry Potter party, should it come to this.

Super-Target? I didn't know they had these! Whether my head has been in the sand or up my arse is your guess. ::shakes head::

ms. em said...

jeanne,

fun, fun! i enjoyed reading and learning more about you. thanks for sharing. i love reading everyone's answers to these assortment of questions.

and, thank you for the tag:)

em

Jeanne said...

ae - You're welcome a million times over. 8-)

I do get it, always have except I was too ashamed to admit it - I thought I was the only one who felt that way. But I'm not ashamed of me anymore. And I hope that by speaking out, others will see that they are not alone and maybe, just maybe, feel less (undeserved) shame.

So thank you, ae. Thank you for being willing to say that you get it.


Carla - I'm glad I didn't do anything wrong. 8-)

Super-Target is AWESOME! Nice, relatively inexpensive clothes (especially on the clearance racks) for all ages in the same store as groceries and toys. Sounds scary, doesn't it? Clothes and food - BUT since the whole fam goes (my husband and son wander in the toys while I shop,) it makes it an adventure rather than a chore.

I'm proud to call you a friend, too. I'm glad that my post gave you the warm, fuzzies. 8-)


Sarah - you are very welcome!


carrie - Great idea for those hideous gowns!! Ooooo, and my bachelor's hood has yellow and maroon in it!!! Griffindor! 8-)

Super-Targets are more rare, I think - I didn't know they existed until I moved farther south. ;-)


ms. em - Yeah, I always like reading others answers to these questions - it's fun and you usually learn something interesting.

And you're welcome for the tag. 8-)